rel=”external” is now the XHTML valid version that informs search engine spiders that the link is external. However, using this does not open the link in a new window. target=”_blank” and target=”_new” does this, but is not XHTML valid.
This very simple plugin adds a small JS file to your header to let this happen!
- rel=”external” plugin homepage.
- More WordPress Plugins.
- Facebook Comments Plugin
- Twitter Feed Plugin
- Follow @alexmossSEO on Twitter.
- Alex Moss.
- Pleer SEO.
You can install this in 2 easy steps without any need for configuration:
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin!
You can also visit the rel=”external” plugin page. You also have a setting to call the JS inline or as an external file – it’s up to you!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“rel=”external” in a New Window” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “rel=”external” in a New Window” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added options to use $ or jQuery to call script
- Minified code
- Added inline or external file call in settings