Hey you. Are you looking to showcase and sell your properties? YOUR website is your most valuable marketing tool and we’ve got the plugin to get you up and running.
Using the Property Hive core plugin you can quickly:
- Add property search to any existing theme
- Allow users to filter properties with configurable search forms
- Display search results
- Create property details pages
- Store and manage your properties in WordPress
- Access a wide array of shortcodes
Features included in the core plugin:
- Store and manage properties
- Search forms
- Search results page
- Property details page
- Property enquiry/book viewing form
- Mortgage calculator
- Stamp duty calculator
- Rental yield calculator
- Rental affordability calculator
- EPC generator
- QR generator
- White label
- Elementor and Divi support
- Yoast and Rank Math compatibility
- Customisable templates
- Property Hive CRM
What are the benefits of using the Property Hive plugin?
- It’s flexible – you can use Property Hive with any standard theme or use our own free theme Honeycomb
- It’s customisable – you can achieve any layout
- It’s well supported – you can trust our plugin
- It’s extendable – you can access a host of premium features to enhance your site
Extendable Pro features:
- Import properties from the leading CRMs including Alto, Street, Loop, Reapit, 10Ninety, SME Professional, dezrez, Kyero, agentOS, Juvo, Juxpix, Arthur Online, VaultEA, Kato and more
- Export properties to property portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla, OnTheMarket and many more
- Map Search
- Radial Search
- AI functionality to write and re-write property descriptions
- Saved searches
- Search results promos
- Location autocomplete
- Infinite scroll
- Send to friend
- Printable brochures
- Window cards
- Digital displays
- Property portal builder
- Property Hive CRM tools (calendar, tasks and more)
We’re loved by developers because:
- Property Hive is rich with customisable templates that make even the most bespoke builds possible
- We’ve got over 250 WordPress hooks, filters and actions that let you extend Property Hive to match your client’s requirements
- Property Hive integrates with the WordPress REST API
- You can white label Property Hive and brand it how you like
- Property Hive is open source meaning you can use GitHub to contribute to the code or raise issues for us or other developers to address
- You can access our feature roadmap and are welcome to comment on features or ‘watch’ cards to get notified as they progress
Resources and support:
Don’t just take our word for it! Read our reviews here.
- WordPress 5.6 or greater
- PHP version 7.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.7 or greater, OR MariaDB version 10.3 or greater.
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Property Hive, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “Property Hive” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading the Property Hive plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favourite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
How do I install Property Hive?
Click the download button above or from within WordPress navigate to Plugins > Add New and search for ‘Property Hive’.
Does the free core plugin contain everything I need to create a working property website?
Yes. It is possible to create a property website out of the box with Property Hive. You can also use our free Honeycomb theme, which compliments the plugin well.
What kind of properties can I store?
Using the Property Hive plugin you can store and manage sales, lettings/rentals and commercial properties. You can also add additional departments such as student lets, new homes, farms and land etc.
Can I import my properties with Property Hive?
Yes. With a Property Hive Pro subscription you can automatically import properties from all leading CRMs such as Alto, Street, Loop, Reapit, 10Ninety, SME Professional, dezrez, Kyero, agentOS, Juvo, Jupix, Arthur Online, VaultEA, Kato and more.
Does Property Hive work with other themes?
You can use Property Hive with any standard non real estate theme. We also have a free theme of our own, Honeycomb. (https://wp-property-hive.com/theme-options/honeycomb/)
Does Property Hive work with other plugins?
Property Hive is compatible with almost all other plugins. As long as the other plugins you are using don’t cause a conflict (for example they also add property search) then there shouldn’t be an issue. Contact us if you have questions on this.
Where are you based?
We are based in the UK.
I list properties that are not in the UK. Can I use this plugin?
Yes you can. Property Hive has a range of international options including the option to select which countries you operate in. We also support multiple currencies and store live currency exchange rates to aid with sorting and filtering properties in multiple currencies.
Is Property Hive compatible with page builders such as Elementor and Divi?
Yes, you can use Elementor to build property details and search results pages. You can use Divi to build a property details page. Support for other page builders is coming!
Do I need to know how to code to use Property Hive?
No, you have a few options for styling property pages:
- Use our free Honeycomb theme where everything comes styled by default. Simply add your logo and brand colours.
- Use any theme and use a page builder such as Elementor to build property pages by dropping in widgets that come with the page builder.
- With some HTML, CSS and/or PHP knowledge you can go completely bespoke and override the templates.
Is Property Hive safe and secure?
Property Hive has been running since 2015 and since then has undergone multiple security reviews.
All input and output is validated and sanitised and to this date, we have not had one report of a site being compromised as a result of Property Hive.
Any issues surrounding security are taken seriously and addressed as a matter of priority.
What’s the difference between the free core plugin and Property Hive Pro?
The free core plugin contains the foundations that you need to create a property website. With the free version you can also access a suite of front and back end tools and fully functioning Property Hive CRM (or use your own).
Property Hive Pro contains a wider suite of tools that enhance the core plugin. This includes a CRM import tool, portal feeds and much more.
Contributors & Developers
“PropertyHive” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2.0.10 – 2024-03-01
- Generating an applicant list now takes into account match range when applicable
- Display match price range in applicant list output and export
- Run labels in applicant list filters through __() so they can be translated
- Added more taxonomy based attributes to a few shortcodes
- Added Singapore to the list of supported countries
- Don’t query address_concatenated when first part of postcode (i.e. NN1) is being searched. Doing so resulted in properties in NN13 being returned
- Enqueue Touch Punch jQuery UI library for sliders so they work on mobile
- Tweak to Flexslider jQuery slideshow plugin so pixels of previous image isn’t shown due to rounding of numbers
- Security update: Prevent direct access to an array of PHP files inside the plugin
- Security update: Pass ‘allowed_classes’ to unserialize to prevent malicious classes being executed
- Security update: Check for correct user capability when doing anything with notes
- Security update: Ensure nonces are passed through in note-related AJAX requests
2.0.9 – 2024-02-03
- Added format styling dropdown to descriptions WYSIWYGs when enabled
- Added new filters for dashboard query args so items output in dashboard widgets can be customised
2.0.8 – 2024-01-31
- New filter ‘propertyhive_post_types_to_hide_months_dropdown’ to add month dropdown filtere back on for certain post types
- Ensure key fields are always set when a property is inserted or updated via the REST API
- Cater for taxonomy (e.g. property type or location) being an array in applicant registration emails and display them comma-separated accordingly
- Rename ‘Unattended’ to ‘Unaccompanied’ in viewings list
- Show let date available Elementor widget output for properties belonging to the Rooms department
- Use between room name and dimensions. For some reason DomPDF was removing the space here for users of the Printable Brochures add on
- Added sanitization to hidden field values output in search forms
- Declared compatibility for WordPress 6.4.3
2.0.7 – 2024-01-04
- Changed DB data type of ‘body’ column in ph_email_log table from longtext to blob. This is done so we can compress the email HTML body going forward as this table could get huge
- In relation to the above, when sending property matches, the email body is now compressed and uncompressed accordingly using gzcompress() and gzuncompress(). Existing emails should remain unaffected
- Added new ‘propertyhive_keep_email_logs_days’ filter so email logs can be auto-cleared down after a number of days. Defaults to 10 years
- Added council tax band to list of fields returned in REST API
- Ensured line breaks are retained when entering notes
- Added extra validation when someone tries to activate a pro feature to ensure they have the correct privileges
2.0.6 – 2024-01-02
- Security fix – Store currency cookie data in JSON encoded string instead of serialized string to preveent PHP object injection
2.0.5 – 2023-12-22
- Added more styling controls to Elementor Search Form widget
- Added new filters to features and excerpt (‘propertyhive_property_post_excerpt’ and ‘propertyhive_property_features’) for use by new AI add on
- Added reference number to list of supported REST API field
- Reduced the number of database JOINS in similar properties shortcode to improve query efficiency
- Use wp_remote_get() instead of file_get_contents() when getting pro features to enhance compatibility with various server configurations
- Ensure ‘propertyhive_applicant_requirements_form_fields’ filter is always passed 2 parameters
- Added Jamaica to list of countries in International settings
- Corrected PHP warning about undefined variable when saving property and ‘Contacts’ module has been disabled
2.0.4 – 2023-12-06
- Cater for Divi templates where set to show for properties but no body. In this case still load Property Hive templates
- New save_post action to ensure ‘floor area to’ is always set for commercial properties if it’s empty but ‘floor area from’ has a value
- Tweak to how filtering commercial properties by floor area on frontend works
- When filters are in place to stop status and on market changes being saved as comments/notes, ensure the date is still recorded as they are still used for ordering and matching
- Corrected issue with auto-matches sending multiple times due to variable being overwritten
- Declared compatibility for WordPress 6.4.2
2.0.3 – 2023-11-30
- Added support for Bricks Builder page builder
- Improved license validation to ensure a feature can be used
- Added support for new negotiator and office tags in match email body template: [negotiator_name], [negotiator_email_address], [office_name] and [office_email_address]
- Improved property/applicant AJAX searches when adding a viewing. Show ‘Loading…’ when a search is being performed, and abort any previous requests as sometimes the could complete in a different order than they were made, thus giving odd results
- Updated storing of ‘hot’ and applicant department when saving and deleting relationships. Storing applicant department(s) against the top-level contact will allow us to do improved filtering and speed up property matches
- Corrected issue with deleting applicant relationships whem multiple existed
- Corrected default Elementor Gallery widget layout
- Declared compatibility for WordPress 6.4.1
2.0.2 – 2023-11-08
- Added individual Elementor widgets for each line of the address
- Added hooks so Template Assistant can add option to Elementor Image widget to show flag
- Added ability to enter applicant email/tel when creating viewing on property
- Make note save button clearer and more descriptive
- Rename ‘Viewing’ tabs in contact account area when someone is a buyer and seller to make it differentiate between them
- Make the word ‘selected’ in multiselect plugin translatable
- Added number of property views to REST API
- Link to ‘Settings > Features’ in plugin quick links instead of taking user off to add ons page on our website
- Take into account pre-pro installed add ons when checking they can be used
- Updated README contents, FAQs and screenshots
- Declared compatibility for WordPress 6.4
2.0.1 – 2023-10-27
- Corrected issue with enabling PRO features where an error showed about not being able to access filesystem
2.0.0 – 2023-10-22
- Launched new ‘Pro’ pricing model containing different packages to simplify things
- New ‘Features’ setting tab containing a dashboard allowing you to turn on/off the features you wish to use
- Existing users updating won’t be effected as it remembers the add ons active at the time of update
- New users will need the relevant subscription to activate certain feature
- License key page updated to support new Pro license key
- Added ability to sort contacts by name in admin lists
- Added secondary order to shortcodes to prevent issues where properties with same price go over multiple pages
- Catered for no currency being set when formatting deposit
- Declared compatibility for WordPress 6.3.2
1.5.54 – 2023-10-02
- Initial Divi support. Single property page only at present. Includes new widgets so property details page can be built using Divi Theme Builder
- Added ability to start Elementor Gallery widget at a specific image. Useful if displaying the main image at the top and then wanting to show the rest of the images in a gallery further down the page
- Catered for post type being an array when keyword search is performed (Elementor specific)
- Added new Deposit Elementor widget
- Added new Price Qualifier Elementor widget
- Added ability to hide price qualifier in Price Elementor widget. Useful if wanting to display price qualifier separately
- Always include ‘address_concatenated’ meta key when searching by address
- Yoast SEO to take descriptions/rooms into account when doing analysis
- Corrected issue with commercial similar properties in auto-responder
- Prevented enquiry autoresponder similar property thumbnail blowing out layout when storing images as URL’s or if no thumbnail version of images is stored
- Store and display error should license key not be able to be obtained
- Declared compatibility for WordPress 6.3.1
1.5.53 – 2023-07-31
- New option in Image Elementor widget to choose image ratio
- Correct trashing/deleting of enquiries when properties deleted
- Run everything through esc_attr and esc_html to increase security of plugin
1.5.52 – 2023-07-14
- New ‘Map Link’ Elementor widget allowing you to add a link/button to a map of the property location. Includes an option to choose how the map opens (in new tab, embedded in lightbox or iframe in lightbox)
- Allow choosing of default department in Elementor Search Form widget
- Improved the responsiveness of the Elementor ‘Gallery’ widget to work and look better on mobile. Now only shows 2 images with link to show more instead of a long list of 6 images
- Similar properties to work on commercial properties and not throw an error in PHP8 when price of the property in question is empty
- Added ability to record offers and sales on commercial sales properties
- Added ‘minimum_price’ attribute to [recent_properties] shortcode
- Added the ability to delete enquiries when a property …