A simple, lightweight, accessibility-ready icon separator block.
- Accessibility ready with ‘separator’ role.
- Simple and easy to use but included full settings even with responsive width and responsive vertical margin.
- An icon library included icons from “Bootstrap Icons”, “Ionicons”, “Dashicons” and new “WordPress Icons”.
Here are some patterns using this block.
If this plugin is useful for you, please do a quick review and rate it on WordPress.org to help us spread the word. I would very much appreciate it.
Please check out my other plugins if you’re interested:
- Content Blocks Builder – A tool to create blocks, patterns or variations easily for your site directly on the Block Editor.
- Block Enhancements – A plugin to add more useful features to blocks like icons, box-shadow, transform, hover style, etc.
- SVG Block – A block to insert inline SVG images easily and safely. It also bundles with more than 3000 icons and some common non-rectangular dividers.
- Meta Field Block – A block to display a meta field or an ACF field as a block. It can also be used in the Query Loop block.
- Counting Number Block – A block to display a number that has the number-counting effect.
- Breadcrumb Block – A simple breadcrumb trail block that supports JSON-LD structured data.
- Better Youtube Embed Block – Embed Youtube videos without slowing down your site.
The plugin is developed using @wordpress/create-block.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Icon Separator A simple horizontal separator with icon.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/icon-separatordirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
What problem does this plugin solve?
It is like the core/separator block but supports an icon.
When should we use this plugin?
To make a simple, beautiful horizontal separator.
Why needs this plugin?
Because you want to make a beautiful horizontal separator.
Who needs this plugin?
Anyone can use this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Icon Separator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Icon Separator” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Icon Separator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date – 11 March 2023
- DEV – Update icon library
Release Date – 09 February 2023
- DEV – Add SVGO GUI tool to the SVG help text
- DEV – Update SDK
Release Date – 23 October 2022
- DEV – Refactor SVG controls
- DEV – Replace client caching by loading icon library from the REST API
Release Date – 18 September 2022
- FIX – Compatibility issue with the Gutenberg plugin
Release Date – 16 September 2022
- FIX – Load all localization text
Release Date – 27 July 2022
- DEV – Support converting from/to core/separator
- DEV – Allow double click to insert icon from the modal
Release Date – 30 Jun 2022
- FIX – Convert inline style to style object
Release Date – 20 Jun 2022
- DEV – Allow uploading icon
Release Date – 12 May 2022
- REFACTOR – Update SDK
Release Date – 30 April 2022
- DEV – Update color format
Release Date – 28 April 2022
- DEV – Add the title to block registration in JS.
Release Date – 21 April 2022
- DEV – Add separator role for accessibility
Release Date – 19 April 2022
- REFACTOR code
Release Date – 16 April 2022
- DEV – Add shortcut keys to the icon library modal, focus on the search box when opening the modal
- DEV – Make it compatible with common themes
Release Date – 14 April 2022