Provides advanced permalink options that allow you to:
- Have multiple permalink structures. Permalinks can be assigned to posts or ranges of posts
- 301 redirect old permalink structures (many structures are allowed)
- Category-specific permalinks. Posts in certain categories can be assigned a permalink structure
- No need to have a base to the category permalink!
- Change author permalinks
- Enable periods in permalinks – perfect for migrating old websites
All permalinks are real permalinks and do not result in 301 redirections. This means you can change your permalink structure without
affecting any existing posts and without losing any page rank. Any attempts to access posts in the wrong permalink structure will be
automatically redirected to the correct URL.
Advanced Permalinks is available in:
* Bulgarian (thanks to Alexander Dichev)
* Belorussian (thanks to Marcis Gasuns)
* Russian (thanks to Slava Mikheev)
* Uzbekistan (thanks to Alexandra Bolshova)
* Lithuanian (thanks to Nata Strazda at Web Hub)
Example 1: Migrating a permalink structure
Say you have an existing site with the default WordPress permalink structure
/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ and you decide you want to change it
to a more keyword-heavy
/%category%/%postname%/. If you change the permalink setting then all your old posts will be moved, and you will suffer a major loss
of page rank (not to mention a lot of 404s). With Advanced Permalinks you can define a specific permalink structure for all your old
posts and then create a new permalink structure for new ones. All your old posts will carry on living at the same URL as before, but all
new posts will be created using your new structure.
Example 2: Category-specific permalinks
Sometimes you want posts in a certain category to appear elsewhere on your site. For example, your usual permalink structure may result in:
However, you want posts in the ‘review’ category to appear as:
Using Advanced Permalinks this is not a problem.
Full documentation can be found on the Advanced Permalinks Page page.
The plugin is simple to install:
advanced-permalinksdirectory to your
- Go to the plugin management page and enable the plugin
- Configure the plugin from
You can find full details of installing a plugin on the plugin installation page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced Permalinks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Advanced Permalinks” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First release
- Fix problem with file upload
- Add option to allow periods in URLs
- Preliminary support for .html in category base in WP 2.3
- Add 301 redirects
- Stop redirect loop
- Fix WP 2.3.1 problem, fix problem with 404s on category specific URLs, add Bulgarian translation
- Add debug page
- Fix missing 404 on category specific URLs on some hosts
- Update base plugin to fix path problem
- WP 2.5 fixes
- WP 2.7 styling, fix YARP issue
- Add Belorussian translation
- Add Russian & Uzbekistan translation
8 Remove deep slashes
- Update Russian translation
- Removed debug option
- Add Lithuanian
- Fix a load of PHP warnings
- General XSS cleanup
- Menu only to appear on permalink page