WPlyr is an easy-to-use Gutenberg block which implements Plyr – A simple, lightweight and accessible HTML5, YouTube and Vimeo media player that supports modern browsers.
Visit the plugin demo to see it in action.
Support for the major formats, HTML Video & Audio, YouTube & Vimeo. HTML5 Video supports MP4, WebM and OGV formats and HTML5 Audio supports MP3, OGG and WAV formats.
The HTML5 video player supports multiple resolution source selection and playback. Viewers can set the playback resolution on the fly from the player’s settings interface.
The plugin combines all the features into a single Gutenberg block allowing you to change the source and output with just a couple of clicks.
Full support for VTT captions and multiple caption tracks. Multi-lingual caption track is automatically selected from the viewer device’s default language.
10+ controls for the media player can be configured from the plugin’s setting interface. By default, the player includes controls for speed, fast-forward/skip, volume, captions, duration, video resolution selection, picture-in-picture feature, fullscreen, airplay and download.
You can modify the player color from the plugin’s setting interface to match your website’s color scheme.
Uses the correct semantic elements.
<input type="range"> for volume and
<progress> for progress and well,
<button>s for buttons. There’s no
<a href="#"> button hacks.
Adapts to every and all resolutions and modern devices.
Mobile Safari ✓¹
- Volume controls are also disabled as they are handled device wide.
- Support extended via the use of polyfills.
- To install WPlyr Media Block, use the plugin manager in the WordPress administration. Go to Plugins » Add New and search for WPlyr Media Block.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- To configure the features and color scheme of the player, use the plugin’s settings screen which can be found under Settings » WPlyr.
- To add the block to a post or page use the block addition interface to find WPlyr Media.
Which browsers are currently supported?
WPlyr supports the last 2 versions of most modern browsers. For details, please refer to the browser support chart in the plugin description.
Contributors & Developers
“WPlyr Media Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
[Added] Integrated support for video monetization with vi.ai
[Tweak] Updated the Carbon Fields library to v3.3.2
[Tweak] Updated the Plyr JS library to v3.7.2
- [Tweak] Updated the Carbon Fields library to v3.2.3.
- [Removed] Massive speed boost to player load by removing legacy SCSS compiler method in favor of using CSS variables instead.
- [Compatibility] Updated for WordPress 5.4
- Initial release!