This plugin is for Slickstream customers. It adds our embed code and key metadata into
your webpages without affecting site speed or performance.
Slickstream users get unlimited access to all of our tools, including:
– Responsive as-you-type search with a heap of advanced features that your visitors will love
– Customizable recommendation carousels and grids backed by real data
– Hassle-free content favoriting to keep your visitors coming back
– A robust analytics portal with engagement insights you can actually use
The Slickstream Difference
What makes Slickstream different is that we handle the hard work for you. We sit outside of WordPress, which means when you sign up we build a model of your site and use it to populate all of our search and recommendation tools. Then you pick the ones you want to use, flip a switch, and we’re live! Your site can be running Slickstream tomorrow, with no complicated technical implementation required.
- Floating Search: Search with Slickstream on any page
- Hooked Search Buttons: Automatically link your existing search to Slickstream
- Inline Search Module: As-you-type search results displaying on page
- Infinite Filmstrip: Content recommendations placed above posts
- Filmstrip Toolbar: Sticky recommendations that display on scroll
- Content Grid: Flexible recommendation module that can be placed anywhere
- Floating Favorites: Interactive content bookmarking with no sign-in required
- Floating Back-to-Top: Simple option to return to top of content
- Web Story Player: Full site integrations for existing web stories
- Interactive Games: Automatically generated minigames featuring recommendations
- Campaigns: Incorporate custom objectives into user experience (business only)
- Analytics Portal: Robust insights into both Slickstream statistics and general
General Features and Integrations:
- Supports all major themes and editors
- Search or recommend content across multiple domains
- Multi-language search results supported
- Configurable GDPR settings
- Designed for accessibility compliance
- Client-side API available
- Email provider integrations (MailChimp, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign)
- First-party data integration with advertising networks
- Google Analytics integration
- Recipe card integrations (WP Recipe Maker, Tasty Recipes)
- E-commerce integration (Shopify)
- Pre-made templates to choose from
- Granular look and feel controls
- Custom messaging on all text prompts
- Attribution removal (additional charge)
- Built-in CLS (Cumulative Layout Shift) handling
- Optional opt-in email collection
- Optional advertising slot inclusions
Search and Recommendation Details:
- Search by category, content type, or author
- Default sort by relevance, date, or popularity
- Custom result weighting in search and recommendations
- Manual categorization and content grouping control
- Exclude results by category, content type, or individual posts
- Custom taxonomies supported
- Progressively detailed results including metadata
- Automatic content grouping in results
- Fuzzy matching and typo forgiveness
- Highlighted search terms in results
- Structured data search experience for ingredients or supplies
- All search queries recorded in analytics
- Visit https://slickstream.com and tell us about your site.
- Install and activate this plugin.
- On the settings page (“Slick” under Settings), enter the site code we give you and click Save.
- Check with us if you’d like any customization of your widgets
What is Slickstream?
Slickstream is a sophisticated market-leading user engagement suite designed for independent publishers. It helps you turn casual visitors into loyal readers that return again and again through intelligent as-you-type search, content recommendations, favoriting and membership capabilities, email sign-up, and other useful features. You can easily design captivating user journeys that lead visitors to exactly what they’re looking for. The result is higher pageviews, time-on-page, click-throughs, and return visits. As if that isn’t enough, Slickstream’s reporting gives deep insights into its performance and how your visitors are interacting on your site, far beyond what you can see in Google Analytics.
How will Slickstream help me?
Slickstream helps you to get the most out of the traffic that visits your site by turning casual visitors into loyal readers, increasing ad revenue.
Customizable features complement your brand and create a more premium site experience. The powerful recommendation engine serves up the best content to your readers so they spend more time on your site. Slickstream also saves you time, money and hassle from not having to rely on developers, multiple products, or other resources to do a bunch of manual site customization handled with one simple Slickstream installation.
Worried about first-party data? Slickstream helps with that too! Slickstream helps you authenticate traffic and build first-party data with logged-in site visitors.
Slickstream also offers an email sign-up feature that you can use to collect email addresses, but you can seamlessly use your existing email subscription method too. Slicksteam’s Highlighter feature draws attention to any element of your site you choose and has proven to significantly improve conversions.
Do You Support Languages Other Than English?
Yes we do. Our underlying recommendation technology is not English-specific, and we have already localized the Engagement Suite for German, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, French, Norwegian, Swedish, Croatian, Russian, Danish, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese and more. Reach out to us and we can confirm if we support your language too.
Where can I learn more about Slickstream?
You can find more information about Slickstream here on Slickstream.com.
Contributors & Developers
“Slickstream: Engagement and Conversions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Slickstream: Engagement and Conversions” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First production release
- Revised for configuration
- Meta tag for featured image
- Tested on WP 5.0.3
- Moved to Slickstream.com
- Improved image assets
- Tested with WP 5.1.1
- Cleaned up documentation
- Added category metadata
- New description, screenshots
- Embed code uses app.slickstream.com
- Added shortcode support for Slickstream story embedding
- New meta tags for user, postID integration
- Game shortcode and widget
- Fix for game shortcode
- Remove (unintended) whitespace from site code
- Add category hierarchy into metadata
- Fix bug in category rendering
- Major speed-up based on new embed code
- Removed next-up widget support
- Fix bug with widget declaration
– Changed embed code to absolute URL
– Trim site codes in case someone adds whitespace
– Declare compatibility with WP 4.3
– New inline embed code that fixes problem with Firefox Private Browsing
– Name and description updates only, no functional changes
– Revised shortcode for story-viewer
– Added widget and shortcode support for content-grid widget
– Added widgets and shortcodes for story-carousel and story-explorer
– Revised shortcode for story-viewer to use new embed code style
– Added option for Genesis-based filmstrip container reservation
– More options for Genesis-based container reservation
– Internal testing option added
– Minor fix to category fetching
– Tested with WP 5.7.1
– Filmstrip injection now supports Genesis, Trellis/THA, and Thesis-based themes
– Added Slickstream LD_JSON
– Removing Slickstream LD_JSON
– Bumping stable version
– Support for Kadence theme hooks
– Slickstream JSON metadata
– Remove extraneous logging
– Add support for custom injection hook
– New embed code with support for boot loader
– New options for injecting DCM
– Revised to clarify support option
– Verified compatibility with WP 6.0.1
– Security enhancements
– Enhanced A/B testing
– Automatically reduces CLS without adjustments or setting changes from admin
– Security enhancements
– Performance improvements
– CLS improvements