I recently imported thousands of posts having non relevant permalinks from different WordPress blogs / sites and I wanted to have all the permalinks based on the title.
First I created this usefull plugin for me, Now I want to share with all the WordPress users.
What this plugin does? It regenerates the permalink based on title:
Ex Title: My new car ==resulted permalink==> my-new-car
PS: Always create database backup before the permalinks regeneration.
- Install Regenerate post permalink either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it. You’re ready to go!
- 1. Where can I access the permalink regeneration tool?
After you activated the plugin, please go to SETTINGS -> PERMALINK REGENERATION
Contributors & Developers
“Regenerate post permalink” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Regenerate post permalink” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Test with WordPress 4.7
- Test with WordPress 4.4.1
- Test with WordPress 4.3.2
- Test with WordPress 4.3.1
- Test with WordPress 4.3.0
- Test with WordPress 4.2.1
- Transform diacritics from title to non-diacritics chars in the slug
- Umlauts short version support
- First version.