This plugin will allow you to automatically rehash the passwords of users you have beforehand imported from a Prestashop database to your WordPress database.
This is useful if you are migrating a website from Prestashop to WordPress.
It allows users to authenticate via their email address, like on a Prestashop installation.
Upon login, the plugin will check the password entered by the user, against the value stored in the database. Using the COOKIE_KEY of the former Prestashop installation, it’ll verify if the password is correct and, only in that case, it’ll rehash the password using WordPress’ default hashing algorithm and insert the new password to the database. Then it’ll try logging in.
In every other case, login will function normally, so if there is an error, it’ll be returned.
In a while, every former Prestashop user you have imported to your WP DB will have their passwords securely rehashed.
First tested successfully with Prestashop 1.3.5 and WordPress 3.6.
Lately tested successfully with Prestashop 22.214.171.124 and WordPress 3.9.
- Manually import the database of your previous Prestashop customers. See FAQ.
- Unzip and upload
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the COOKIE_KEY in the settings menu => Prestashop User Compat. The COOKIE_KEY can be found in your Prestashop installation (config/settings.inc.php)
- Does the plugin import the user database of my Prestashop installation?
No. You will have to do this yourself manually.
There is an example PHP file included to import the database into WP, please check db-import.txt in the plugin folder.
Contributors & Developers
“Prestashop User Compatibility” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Prestashop User Compatibility” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Simplify code for password check
- Don’t attempt to override authentication if a WP_User object exists. Fixes compat with Jetpack (and potentially other auth-related plugins) See WP Email Login
- Work around a few encoding issues in WP to handle weird characters in emails (‘ and &) See WP Email Login
- Security update : sanitize option input
- Initial release