Import posts, comments, tags, and attachments from a Posterous.com blog.
NOTE: Posterous is shutting down on April 30, and this plugin will no longer function properly because it relies on the service being available. For more information on backing up your Posterous content and migrating what you can into your WordPress blog, please see this post.
- Upload the
posterous-importerfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Tools -> Import screen, Click on Posterous
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Posterous Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
= 0.10 – 26th Mar 2012
* Add hook to handle non-200 responses from Posterous.
* Sleep for about one second between calls to the Posterous API to avoid failing thanks to rate limiting.
* Set a flag and return rather than exiting when we get malformed XML back from the API.
* Check for audio/video files in process_posts() and add their data as postmeta for use later.
* In process_attachments(), fetch any media from postmeta and pass along to the media extraction function.
* In process_attachment(), fetch media from postmeta and add to the list of images to be imported.
* Add a hook to fire after importing an attachment so that additional things can be done afterard (e.g. updating post content with shortcodes to display media).
* Add hooks to fire at the beginning of dispatch() and just before footer display after import so that we can do other fun things in these spots if needed.
* Update the front end to change the “Username” field to “Email Address” and to do light email address validation before submitting to Posterous.
0.9 – 12th Jan 2012
- Fix a call to wp_enqueue_script that was too early
- Fix an XSS issue
- Fixing a “could not serialize simplexml-string” error. Kudos to Florian Hassler.
- Initial release