Use this plugin to remove the WordPress branding present in your website. This is useful for websites intended to be used directly by customers who don’t know / don’t care about what WordPress is.
In these cases, this plugin hides some details and simplifies the user interface in the admin dashboard.
List of features:
- Removes the WordPress logo from the admin bar.
- Removes the WordPress logo from the login screen.
- Removes WordPress version and “Thanks for creating…” message from the admin footer.
- Hides the help menu on the top right, which points to WordPress.org.
- Hides the help text on the excerpt box.
- Removes “WordPress News”, “At a glance” and “Welcome” meta boxes from the dashboard.
- Removes the update notice in the dashboard.
- Removes the “generator” meta tag.
Support & contacting us:
Get in touch through WordPress.org: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/ltk-remove-branding
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/ltk-remove-brandingdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress and you’re done.
Why would I want to remove WordPress branding?
This plugin is not intended for webmasters, but for websites that will be used directly by customers who don’t know or don’t care about what WordPress is. For those people, there is some value in simplifying the interface and hiding some details. That is the main use case for the plugin.
Does it modify anything in my website?
No, it just hides some links, logos and notices that claim the website being WordPress. Visitors would not notice anything different at all, unless they check the HTML code, since generator meta tag is hidden.
Does it hide or disable updates in any way?
No, it just hides the flashy upgrade notices which show on top of the admin pages. Updates will show as usual in the updates page. Since most of the time updates are automatic (or performed by the webmaster, not the customer), we chose not to show those advices.
Contributors & Developers
“LTK Remove Branding” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “LTK Remove Branding” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release date: 2016-03-31
- WordPress.org repo tags created properly now. No changes in code
Release date: 2016-03-31
- The help text in the excerpt box is now hidden
- We are also hiding WordPress logo in the login screen
Release date: 2016-02-29
- Initial release