Flywire is a leading provider of cross-border as well as domestic payment solutions. Our products are easy to integrate, offer competitive fess and are mostly free to use. With this plugin, as well as an existing account with Flywire, any institution developing a WordPress + WooCommerce application can easily accept payments by Flywire, with minimal setup or configuration.
By incorporating Flywire for WooCommerce scripts and related materials contained in the plugin file (collectively, the “Plugin”) onto your website, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
The Plugin is only available for use by customers using Flywire’s services, which use is subject to Flywire’s onboarding process and your contractual agreement with Flywire.
The Plugin is provided “as is.” Flywire Corporation (including its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and shareholders) (collectively, “Flywire”) hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, by statute, at common law or otherwise, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. In no event shall Flywire be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or losses of any kind (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, the cost of procurement for substitute products or services, interruption of use, or loss or corruption of data), even if it is aware of the possibility of such damages. You understand that you download the Plugin at your own discretion and risk.
- Contact your Flywire Relationship Manager to get the credentials for your Flywire payment portal(s).
- Install the plugin through the Plugin Directory, upload the zip through the Plugins page, or upload to your site’s plugins folder and use the Plugins page to activate.
- Click the Configure link on the Plugins page to access the plugin settings and set the Field Mapping (provided by your Relationship Manager) and your portal codes.
- Make sure that “Enable Flywire Payments” is ticked on the plugin settings page.
Contributors & Developers
“Flywire for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed bug in floating point math when expressing amount in currency subunits
- Added more debug logging
- Improved dynamic text on thank you page to account for all payment statuses
- Improved reverse proxy feature to make passing of URL parameters configurable
- Fixed missing release file /includes/flywire-payment-gateway-pay.php
- Added configuration options to specify a reverse proxy for webhooks, to allow local testing of callbacks
- Added support for displayPayerInformation option, including hidden fields
- Added support for paying from /order-pay page
- Improved logging
- Improved support for subunits, getting correct subunits directly from Flywire via API
- Added subunit config setting which will determine the amount sent to Flywire
- Removed custom Flywire thank you page, moved to WooCommerce standard order complete page
- Updated ‘flywpg_portal_code’ signature to pass order object as well
- Added support for custom checkout fields saved in the Order metadata
- Updated filter ‘flywpg_portal_code’ to add test mode parameter
- Initial working version