wordpress-email-media-import plugin allows users to upload images into WordPress Media Gallery by sending emails into specific email address.
Plugin does this by utilizing Mailgun’s (http://www.mailgun.com/) routes (https://documentation.mailgun.com/api-routes.html) feature.
Plugin also supports adding uploaded images to be added into Foo Gallery (https://wordpress.org/plugins/foogallery/) if the the Foo Gallery plugin is active in the installation.
- Allows users to upload image via e-mail
- Supports automatic orientation fixing
- Supports automatic scaling
- Supports adding uploaded images into Foo Gallery
- Upload folder into /wp-content/plugins -directory
- Activate the plugin in ‘Plugins’ menu
- Change ‘Mailgun API Key’ to match your Mailgun’s private key in Mailgun Media Import Settings
- Create new route in Mailgun administration panel, check the “store and notify” box and type in https://www.mywordpress.com/mailgun-media-import as notification address
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Email Media Import” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Refactored to use tags within the contents instead of subject and content to determine image title and description
- Added support for specifying target galleries by tags
- Relased into WordPress Codex
- Refactored to use shortcodes instead of path override
- Renamed plugin into Email media plugin
- Support for autoscaling images
- Support for auto-orientating images
- Added support for adding images into Foo Gallery
- Initial version